So I love Documentary! And have been watchful on this new stream of documentaries investigating the way we live through design and business exploring. In this creative era, where ideas become power, no longer business persists without great design ideas, neither these reach the crowds without elaborated business strategies. New devices, new visuals, new ways to interact, work, create and live with each other, and that’s brought by design, technology and business ideas.
This is a short documentary pick of documentaries that gave me ‘food for thought’ within the creative business arena and I hope it gives you too…
1. Design Film Trilogy by Gary Hustwit:
– Helvetica: It looks at the proliferation of a 55 years old typeface as part of a larger conversation about the way type affects our lives.
– Objectified: “It’s a look at the creativity at work behind everything from toothbrushes to tech gadgets. It’s about the designers who re-examine, re-evaluate and re-invent our manufactured environment on a daily basis. It’s about personal expression, identity, consumerism, and sustainability.”
– Urbanized: “feature-length documentary about the design of cities, which looks at the issues and strategies behind urban design and features some of the world’s foremost architects, planners, policymakers, builders, and thinkers. ”
2. Design the New Business
Short documentary exploring how designers and businesspeople are working together in new ways to solve today’s business challenges.
3. PressPausePlay: Art and Creativity in the Digital Age
A documentary with some of the most influential creatives in the Digital Era which addresses an interesting cultural paradox:
“Does democratized culture mean better art, film, music and literature or is true talent instead flooded and drowned in the vast digital ocean of mass culture? Is it cultural democracy or mediocrity?“